I have been doing A LOT of research on “spirited children” since not long after our youngest son came in to this world. At first I was thinking he was a “high needs baby” then I moved to “highly spirited” and now we are near “ADHD” although not completely (and definitely not officially diagnosed). He is simply a child with A LOT of energy.
So, here are some of the most recent things I have been working with and investigating…hopefully they will help you as well…
- Essential oils and how they have been proven to help (specifically lemon, lavender and thyme).
- Dianne Craft’s cd set The Biology of Behavior.
- The book Healing the New Childhood Epidemics by Kenneth Bock, MD
- A LOT of what I am reading says these behaviors can often be linked to “the gut”.
- We started a probiotic this week.
- We will be starting fish oil in the near future.
- Still one of my most very favorite books Raising Your Spirited Child by Mary Sheedy Kurcinka
- The Handbook of Vintage Remedies by Jessie Hawkins
- I did look in to The Feingold Diet but it was going to be way too difficult for our family. They didn’t have an Aldi shopping list and that is where we purchase almost all of our groceries (we simply cannot afford to shop elsewhere).
- And honestly…A LOT of PRAYER! We love our son beyond words and simply want to help him, and us, to work through this area of our lives.
Here’s praying we ALL have fun learning!
Tagged: High Spirited Child