Several people have asked me what some of our favorite items are from Trim Healthy Mama so I will do my best to start sharing those with you…starting now. We all liked the “Fooled Ya Pizza” (which is an S)…it is cauliflower crust and tastes surprisingly good! Does it taste exactly like regular? Obviously not…but it is worth the small difference for the health benefits (in our opinion).
Here is how it goes:
- Lightly steam 1 (16 oz) bag of frozen cauliflower.
- Put lightly steamed cauliflower into colander and press out as much water as possible. (The more you get out, the crispier the crust will be.)
- Put cauliflower in food processor (I used our Ninja) and pulse a few times, not too much. You want to end up with rice-sized pieces.
- Add 3/4 cup egg whites (or 3 eggs) and pulse again a couple times.
- Add 2 cups grated part skim mozzarella cheese, pinch of sea salt, dash or two of Italian seasoning, and a little onion or garlic powder to taste. (We only did the cheese and sea salt.)
- Mix ingredients together with a spatula inside the food processor.
- Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper and grease well (this is important or the crust will stick).
- Plop entire mixture onto middle of tray and spread outward. Try not to have a thicker middle than sides.
- Bake at 450 for 20 minutes. (We flipped it after about 15 minutes by using the parchment paper and then removing the paper. This allowed it to cook and get crispy on both sides.)
- Cool crust for several minutes before topping.
Once cooled, top with pizza sauce (THM approved type), mozzarella cheese and any other toppings you would like. Broil in oven until toppings are done. You will need to cut this pizza into smaller pieces as larger pieces will be droopy.
Have a wonderfully blessed day!
Tagged: Trim Healthy Mama