WOW! It has been FIVE MONTHS since I participated in this. Boo hoo!
1. It’s been said that one small positive thought in the morning can change your whole day? Do you think that’s true? Do you find that an easy exercise most mornings? What’s something positive you told yourself this morning? If you missed that boat, what’s something positive you could tell yourself tomorrow?
Yes, I definitely believe this is true. I have found that the days I start with reading my Bible and praying go SO MUCH better than days that I do not. I believe it is because the Word of God puts positive thoughts in my mind instead of the grumpiness I can often put there.
2. There will be karaoke at the next party you attend…are you in? Or will you be faking a sore throat?
Depends on my mood. LOL
3. January 29th is National Puzzle Day…what’s something you’ve found puzzling lately?
The weather! It is KILLING ME! 45 one day and 12 the next. Seriously…just pick! (Or go straight to Spring…that would be okay too!)
4. Jigsaw, crossword, acrostic, logic, sudoku, word search…what’s your favorite, and when did you last work one?
I actually like Sudoku…but I don’t play it very often. The last time would have been months ago.
5. Recently a writer by the name of Amy Glass ruffled feathers with a post she wrote saying she looks down on young women with husbands and kids and she’s not sorry. Among other things she says women will be equal with men when we stop saying housework and real work are equally important. You can read the whole piece by clicking here (there was no link provided in her post, so there is no link in my post – sorry!).
What say you? Do you think men and women are equal in the 21st century? Why or why not?
Well, all in all this is something I am working through myself…as someone who is learning to change her mindset from “career woman” to “stay-at-home-mom”. First let me tell you that staying home is NO EASY TASK! I actually find it stresses me out much more than my full-time job outside the home did!
Do I think men and women are “equal”? Well, I am not sure what that even means. We are two separate things and the Lord sees us as all important, equally, to Him. (I know that isn’t what is meant here…but it should be where our focus is, in my opinion.)
6. What’s a product you’ve noticed in the grocery store that you’d like to try, but haven’t yet?
There are A LOT of things I want to try but haven’t…mostly because I have acid refulx so I can’t have onions and peppers and flavor and spice. LOL
7. The author, Charles Lutwidge Dodgson (aka Lewis Carroll) was born this week back in 1832 (January 27th). Which character from his celebrated novel, Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland, would you most like to meet, and why? Here’s a link to the character list if you need help on this one.
The March Hare – I would like to know why he takes great pleasure in frustrating Alice.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Today it is supposed to be about 47 degrees outside…praying we all can get outside and run off some of this energy we have been storing up inside!
Head over to “Wednesday Hodgepodge” posted over at From The Side of the Pond to read more thoughts on these questions…
Have a wonderfully blessed day!
Tagged: Lilla Rose