So…after thinking about it for about a week…I decided to join Weight Watchers on Sunday. They had a 50% off offer for the first three months…so…I signed up! A couple reasons were…HALF PRICE! (*grin*) Along with there being a local meeting that only lasts about 30 minutes. (So, this doesn’t require A LOT of time nor gas…which financially can add up!) I have tried several FREE options (we all know how much I *LOVE* FREE!) all with no success.
Over the last couple of years I have tried MANY things…all unsuccessfully…so we’ll see if “putting money where my mouth is” will help (it is funny how we often times take things more seriously if we have to fork [pun intended] out some cash, ya know?!). I have tried free things like TOPS, My Fitness Pal and SparkPeople. I tried reading books like Made to Crave and Reshaping It All. I have tried being in online support groups. I’ve been learning about eating healthier…less processed foods, more homemade. So far, none have worked…the weight has continued.
I have gained 65 – 70 pounds over the last five years. NOT GOOD! There are many reasons for this, I believe.
- Our youngest son didn’t sleep for FOUR YEARS. Which of course means I didn’t sleep.
- Not sleeping means, eating more junk in hopes of staying awake during the day.
- Stress of every day life with a boy with an EXCESSIVE amount of energy.
- Stress of every day life of trying to work and homeschool.
- Stress of every day life of financial struggles.
- Stress of trying to learn to be a loving wife and mother.
- Did I mention STRESS? *grin*
- Starting “the change of life” a woman goes through.
- I was already a “sugar addict”.
- Being raised with unhealthy eating habits.
- I am an “emotional eater”.
I am sure there are more…but this is all I could come up with at the moment.
I thought for YEARS (aka most of my life) that sleep didn’t really matter. HA! Boy have I found out differently! I do believe sleep plays a VERY IMPORTANT role in MANY areas of our lives…which then, affects how we eat.
A couple of things I have realized this week:
- Being gone from the house all or most of the day does not bring good eating.
- Staying up late does not bring good eating.
I have no idea how this new journey is going to go. I do know that so far I am at least aware of what I am eating. I am also doing Tae Kwon Do which is helping with the exercise / movement part of losing weight. (I’ll write more about this in another post.)
If you have had success with Weight Watchers, or know someone who has, I would *LOVE* some encouragement! I would also appreciate your prayers as I start this new journey!
Have a wonderfully blessed day!
Tagged: Weight Loss