1. This week marks the beginning of Lent…will you be giving something up or adding anything to your life during this season of the year?
2. The day before Lent is Shrove Tuesday…tradition states you eat pancakes on this day. In some parts of the world Shrove Tuesday is actually known as ‘pancake day’. How do you like your pancakes? Or don’t you?
Pancakes? I LOVE pancakes…especially chocolate chip pancakes! (Too bad I just started eating differently…I’m afraid pancakes for breakfast would ruin the rest of my day. BTDT too many times!)
3. I’m sure there are many, but what is one love song you really love?
Nothing comes to mind. But something about the Lord’s love would be the best.
4. What are some things you do to let others know you love them?
Cleaning, cooking, talking to them, making eye contact, remembering things that are important to them, supporting them, helping them, praying for them, etc.
5. Roses…red, pink, or some other color? Can you recall the last time someone gave you flowers? Given your choice would you like to open the door and see a dozen red roses, a dozen purple tulips, or a dozen pink peonies?
The dark lines on the outside with lighter color on the inside. I am really not a big flower person…they are so expensive and just don’t last very long.
6. President’s Day will be celebrated next Monday. Does Presidential history and trivia interest you? Many Presidential homes are open to the public and offer guided tours…Monticello (Jefferson’s home), Mount Vernon (Washington’s home), Montpelier (James Madison’s home), Hyde Park (FD Roosevelt’s home) and The White House (home to the sitting President), to name just a few. Of those listed, which would you be most interested in touring? Why?
Not a big history buff and I wouldn’t be too interested in visiting any of them.
7. Are you good at keeping secrets?
Yes. I was raised in a “don’t tell” family situation, unfortunately.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
J got his sheet and ribbons at 4H last night for the Robotics Spin Club he took part in. They did VERY well and got two ribbons – one for teamwork and the other for design. Such fun!
Head over to “Wednesday Hodgepodge” posted over at From The Side of the Pond to read more thoughts on these questions…
Have a wonderfully blessed day!