We had the opportunity to review the February issue of Celestial Almanack – what a great resource! Celestial Almanack is brought to you by Fourth Day Press. This is their second edition and we loved it! The issues sell for $3.00 each (as a pdf file) thru CurrClick.
Here is what the description on CurrClick is:
The Celestial Almanack is your illustrated guide to learning the night sky, from Fourth Day Press. Check out the FREE PREVIEW!
February, 2012: this month, learn about:
* The Sun is moving higher in the noon sky, and rises and sets farther to the north, and how this relates to the days growing longer;
* The constellation Orion dominates the evening skies. Find Orion and his neighboring constellations, and how Orion can be used as a starting point for finding 35 constellations!
* Wow! Jupiter and Venus are drawing closer this month, approaching a spectacular conjunction in March! What an amazing sight!
* Mars and Saturn are visible earlier in the night, and are well placed before midnight;
* Discover these planets and also many bright stars on the evenings when they line up with the Moon;
* And much more! Check out the FREE PREVIEW and tell all your friends!
* * * * *
Learn the visual astronomy of the early American almanacks, from the Puritan colonists to the Founding Fathers. Learn the constellations, follow the phases of the Moon, discover the visible planets, and learn the signs of the passing seasons. Find out how these signs relate to the calendar and traditional celestial navigation. Use theCelestial Almanack as a monthly illustrated ezine companion guide for the Signs & Seasons curriculum, a traditional hard copy publication from Fourth Day Press.
Celestial Almanack is FULL COLOR, extremely informative, easy-to-understand…man this thing is AMAZING! There is SO MUCH information and it is shared in such a wonderful way! Ever wondered about what’s going on in that sky up there? THIS IS THE MATERIAL FOR YOU! I really cannot say enough about it. We love it!
Copied from Fourth Day Press website: Learn about the Biblical basis for astronomy, the purpose for which the Sun, Moon and stars were created… for signs and seasons, and days and years. – Genesis 1:14
Run out and grab your own copy of Celestial Almanack today!
Have a wonderfully blessed day!
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this product free in exchange for my review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.