Today’s Marriage Monday topic is: Trust. What is at the beginning and at the end of this word? “T”s…or as I’ve illustrated, crosses. Trust – with Christ at the beginning and the end – there is the only way.
Definition copied from www.dictionary.com
1. reliance on the integrity, strength, ability, surety, etc., of a person or thing; confidence.
2. confident expectation of something; hope.
3. confidence in the certainty of future payment for property or goods received; credit: to sell merchandise on trust.
4. a person on whom or thing on which one relies: God is my trust.
5. the condition of one to whom something has been entrusted.
6. the obligation or responsibility imposed on a person in whom confidence or authority is placed: a position of trust.
7. charge, custody, or care: to leave valuables in someone’s trust.
8. something committed or entrusted to one’s care for use or safekeeping, as an office, duty, or the like; responsibility; charge.
When it comes to TRUST – I have complete faith in my husband. Which is the first time I have ever been able to say that in my life! You see, my mother trained me to be a man-hater and to not trust anyone ~ and let’s just say she trained me VERY well. But becoming a Christian, meeting (and marrying) my husband and experiencing life with his family – I can honestly and truthfully say…I TRUST.
First, I believe we have to trust the Lord. To know that He is truly in control.
Second, I believe we have to trust ourselves. To know we are reading His word daily and doing our part to provide trust within our relationship.
Third, I believe we have to trust our spouse (unless truly given reason not to). To know they are doing their part to keep the relationship strong as well.
I seriously cannot thank the Lord enough for how much He has changed this area of my life. Trusting is so important – and such a blessing!
This meme is hosted by Chrysalis Cafe. Make sure to “hop” over there and check out what other ladies had to say on this as well! This meme occurs the first Monday of each month (possbily going to bi-monthly…we’re still waiting to hear her final decision…).